Associate Professor in Submillimeter Astronomy
at the Niels Bohr Institute, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen
The Niels Bohr Institute, NBI, announces the availability of an associate professorship in submillimeter astronomy. The position is open from 1st January 2013 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Niels Bohr Institute seeks a candidate with the ability and experience to exploit the upcoming Atacama Large Millimeter Array (ALMA). The ideal candidate will have a strong, internationally-recognized record in research related to observational (sub) millimeter astronomy and have an outstanding publication history. In addition it is preferable if the candidate has shown the ability to lead scientific research projects, including fund-raising and helping to identify, attract and inspire the best young researchers.
Duties may include the successful applicant’s own research, development of the field, assessment tasks, grant applications, and research management such as supervision and training of research fellows and other staff. The successful applicant must also teach, prepare and participate in examinations, and fulfill other tasks requested by the Department. Information on the Department is linked at www.science.ku.dk/institutter, and enquiries about the position can be made to Prof. Robert Feidenhans’l, Head of Department, +45 35320397 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
NBI constitutes the physics department of the University of Copenhagen with a faculty of ~65 professors and associate professors, ~100 PhD students and ~60 post docs. Details of the research activities of the institute may be found on the home page www.nbi.ku.dk.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State (http://perst.dk/Service%20Menu/Love%20regler%20og%20aftaler/Circular/201...). While negotiation for salary supplement is possible, the starting salary is currently up to DKK441,149 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 75,437).
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY ONLINE below. Please note that the materials that should be considered in the assessment must be attached the application form you will find under APPLY ONLINE.
Please include in the following order:
- Curriculum vitae (with applicants e-mail address & telephone number)
- Description (max. 5 pages) of current and proposed research including its relation to other research at the Department
- Description and documentation of teaching experience and qualifications (see guidelines here)
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 2 professional references
- Complete publication list indicating max. 5 papers particularly relevant to the application
- Reprints of the 5 particularly relevant papers
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
The deadline for applications is December 2, 2012. Applications or supplementary material received thereafter will not be considered. Please refer to the following no. in future communication in this case: 211-0377.
Assessment of applicants will primarily consider their level of documented, original scientific production at an international level, including contributions to developments in their field. The teaching, managerial, out-reach, and innovative qualifications of applicants will also be considered.
- Applicants will be notified of the composition of the assessment committee
- Applicants must provide supplementary documentation if requested by the committee
- Applicants may be summoned for an interview and/or requested to give a trial lecture
- Each applicant will receive that part of the assessment relating to him/herself