Trust Fund (Non-Federal), Indefinite
The software development team of the Chandra data system division has an opening for a software developer to support data reduction and analysis tools for NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory. The talented developer will help extend and maintain data reduction and analysis tools written in C, C++, and Python in a Unix environment. We offer a challenging environment working in partnership with scientists and an existing software development team, to bring Chandra science analysis tools and products to the astronomical community at large.
• Communication with scientists for software requirements.
• Software development and maintenance through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Technical writing support for internal and user documentation.
• Problem analysis and evaluation in support of science operations and user input.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
We will only accept applications on line for this position. To view the complete vacancy announcement and online application procedures, please visit
No benefits information has been provided by the employer.