Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) Project Office in National Astronomical Observatory of Japan is recruiting a postdoctoral fellow who will work on the development of the IRIS instrument for TMT. Applicants are expected to work on:
(1) developing error budgets to achieve 30 micro-arcsec level of astrometry
(2) developing test plans for the IRIS imager
(3) evaluating system performances using an observation simulator for feedback to the instrument design
under the close supervision of the project office staff. The time allotted to the above job will not exceed 50% of the total work hours. We are encouraging applications from willing astronomers to challenge achieving unprecedented astrometric accuracy using IRIS.
Annual salary: 3,600,000 JPY
Annual personal research expense: 400,000 JPY
Project related research will be paid separately.
Applicants should submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2013:
(1) Curriculum Vitae
(2) Publication list
(3) PDF file of up to three major publications
(4) Summary of past research activities (Also describe experience in research and development of telescope and/or instrumentation, if any)
(5) Research plan
(6) Names of two references with their contact info
There are some notes regarding the submission process.
(1) Each of application documents listed above must be converted to PDF files and attached and sent via email. All documents should be prepared separately. Do not compress or zip files.
(2) Size of each PDF file should be less than 10 MB.
(3) You will receive an acknowledgement after submission of your application within a few days. In case you do not receive an acknowledgement of receipt please send us an email at email@example.com.
No benefits information has been provided by the employer.