Faculty Tenure-Track Position
Department of Physics & Astronomy
Starting August 2015
Seeking candidates for position in Astronomy, Astrophysics or related discipline. Earned Ph.D. in Astronomy, Astrophysics or related field from accredited college or university preferred at time of appointment. Candidates with considerable progress towards terminal degree completion by appointment date will be considered. Completion of terminal degree is required prior to start of the second probationary year.
Must demonstrate the following:
• Commitment and/or experience promoting and fostering a learning environment that is supportive of individuals from diverse backgrounds;
• Successful undergraduate teaching experience or evidence of promise as a teacher at the university level (preferably documented in one or more letters of recommendation);
• Potential for effective teaching or teaching experience using a variety of methodologies;
• Record of, or potential for, involving undergraduate students in research and scholarly activity;
• Interest and ability to teach a broad range of courses (major, general education, etc.); and
• Willingness to participate in the development of online learning experiences.
Should be committed to teaching excellence and to building strong research record. Instructional assignments may include: lectures, activities and/or laboratory instruction in both lower and upper division Physics and Astronomy courses, as well as General Education courses.
For more information and to apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/481651
Open until filled. First consideration will be given to completed applications received by September 29, 2014.
HSU is an EO/Title IX/ADA Employer
No benefits information has been provided by the employer.
© 2016 American Astronomical Society