- Full time, fixed term position for 2.5 years
- Based in Hobart, Sandy Bay Campus
We invite applications for a postdoctoral position in observational exoplanet studies in the School of Natural Sciences at the University of Tasmania (Hobart campus). The position will start in mid-2020 and will be for 2.5 years contingent on funding and satisfactory performance.
The successful applicant will join a dynamic research team with access to local 1.25m and 0.50m telescopes and strong research links within Australia and internationally. The research fellow will work with Professors Andrew Cole and Jean-Philippe Beaulieu on the search for exoplanets through time-series photometry of gravitational microlensing events.
This will involve planning and executing observing programs, working to improve robust data reduction pipelines, applying lightcurve modelling techniques to identify objects of interest, interpretation of results in the context of stellar populations and Galactic structure, and/or analysis of high angular resolution follow up data obtained from large ground- or space-based telescopes.
Applicants should hold a PhD in astrophysics or a closely related field by the time the appointment starts. It is preferred that candidates have experience in observational exoplanet science.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level A and will have a total remuneration package of up to $108,076 comprising base salary within the range of $71,443 to $92,373 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To view the Position Description for the role, and submit your application please visit: https://careers.utas.edu.au/ci/en/job/494636/research-fellow-in-physics-...
- Please provide a cover letter describing your interest and suitability for the role addressing the selection criteria in the position description (max. 2 pages);
- A Research Statement not to exceed 2 pages in length;
- Details of 3 referees (we will not contact them without your express permission);
- And a statement of contribution to inclusive excellence.
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor Andrew Cole, Head of Discipline (Physics), on telephone (03) 6226 2438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jean-Philippe Beaulieu, Warren Chair of Astrophysics, email@example.com.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 25 March 2020, 11.55pm