For our location in Zeuthen we are seeking:
Postdoc in instrumentation for future MeV gamma-ray satellite
DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
At its Zeuthen location, DESY has a strong focus on astroparticle physics (https://astro.desy.de). In particular, we are a lead participant in CTA (www.cta-observatory.org) and pursue R&D studies for future space-based gamma-ray telescopes.
* Active role in development and tests of the MeVCube detector protype
* Active role in development and tests of readout and data acquisition electronics and software for the CZT sensors of the MeVCube prototype
* Documentation of the development and tests
* Opportunity to participate in CMOS camera tests for the ULTRASAT mission
* Supervision of PhD students working on instrumentation
* PhD in astronomy, astroparticle physics, high-energy physics with a focus on instrumentation or electronics engineering, or an equivalent qualification
* Experience in readout and data acquisition electronics and software
* Experience in detector R&D
* Excellent skills in object-oriented programming (e.g. C++, Java, Python) and scripting languages
* Good knowledge of English and the willingness to learn German
* Experience in working in large collaborations
* Willingness to participate in expert and working meetings and conferences abroad
For further information, please contact Markus Ackermann, email@example.com or David Berge, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is limited to 2 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organizations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-timework. During each application procedure, DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: www.desy.de/onlineapplication
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: APPO008/2020
Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg | Germany
Phone: +49 (0)40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: 2020/04/12