The School of Engineering and Sciences at Universidad Diego Portales (UDP) invites applications for its Ph.D. program. The Ph.D. is 4 years long and students are expected to start research activities during their first semester in one of the following research areas: Planetary systems, Stellar and Galactic astronomy or Extragalactic astronomy.
While at UDP, successful candidates will qualify as members of the Chilean community and will be eligible for the 10% privileged access to all telescopes in Chile, including ALMA, Gemini South, VLT, Magellan, CTIO, SOAR, La Silla, APEX, and ASTE.
Requirements: Applicants should have an undergraduate and/or master’s degree in Astronomy (or closely related fields), full-time commitment, and a good command of the English language.
- Motivation letter indicating your reasons for applying to the Ph.D. program at UDP, research experience (if any), research interests, and career plans and goals (two pages maximum). The letter should also indicate the preferred starting date (March or August 2020). Potential applicants are encouraged to contact the faculty members best matching their research interests to learn more about possible research projects.
- Curriculum Vitae (3 pages maximum).
- Copy of undergraduate and/or graduate degrees or letter from University official indicating expected graduation date.
- Copy of undergraduate academic transcripts (graduate transcripts too, if available).
- A minimum of two and a maximum of three letters of recommendation sent directly by the recommenders to email@example.com.
All application materials (including letters of recommendation) should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org