The Department of Physics at Boise State University seeks applicants for a tenure-track physics faculty position in either computational astrophysics or computational condensed-matter physics at the rank of Assistant Professor. The position starts August 2020.
Minimum qualifications include:
- PhD and subsequent research experience at the time of application
- Ability to build a vigorous, externally-funded research program that engages, mentors, and supports both undergraduate physics majors and PhD students in either the Computing (Astrophysics hire) or the Materials Science & Engineering (Condensed-Matter Physics hire) interdisciplinary PhD program at Boise State University
- Expertise in computing, simulation, and data science.
A passion for teaching and learning at the undergraduate and graduate levels is essential, along with the knowledge and ability to teach the full range of classes in the core curriculum of the physics major. The successful candidate will have a commitment to excellent teaching, use evidenced-based active-learning approaches in course instruction, and make use of the resources and training provided by Boise State University’s Center for Teaching and Learning to excel in classroom instruction.
- Experience carrying out post-doctoral research
- Strong publication record attesting to a successful research program
- Experience of leadership and collaboration in scientific research
Boise State University seeks excellence through inclusiveness, and strongly encourages women and members of historically underrepresented groups to apply. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings, and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Veterans Preferences.
Boise State University is a rapidly-growing metropolitan research university in Boise, Idaho, which is consistently highly ranked for its livability, economic opportunities, and safety. Powered by creativity and innovation, Boise State University stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/.
Application must be submitted online by October 13, 2019, 11:59 pm Mountain Daylight Time. To apply, please visit: