Instructor – Physics
Appointment: August 2023
Responsibilities: The successful candidate must have a commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring student research at the undergraduate level. The position is located at the urban campus of the Western Illinois University located in the Quad Cities. Responsibilities include teaching entry-level physics courses with labs in support of the Engineering program, and other advanced undergraduate physics courses, as appropriate and as assigned by the Department Chair. Additional responsibilities include setup, removal, and storage of equipment for the physics instructional labs and nominal repair or upgrade of the equipment in consultation with our laboratory manager.
RANK & SALARY: Unit B Non-Tenure Track. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. Western Illinois University offers a competitive benefits package including domestic partner benefits. For full benefit information visit: http://www.wiu.edu/vpas/human_resources/benefits/.
• Ph.D. in Physics or a related field.
• Demonstrated interest and ability to teach college courses in physics from the beginning to advanced undergraduate level.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Post-doctoral and/or industrial experience.
• Experience in mentoring undergraduate research projects for physics and/or engineering majors.
• Experience in teaching and developing livestream and/or online courses.
• Demonstrated familiarity with research-based pedagogy as applied to teaching physics.
• Demonstrated commitment to the standard recruitment and outreach practices of the department.
Screening will begin on March 31,2023 and continue until the position is filled.
See further details and application procedure in:https://apptrkr.com/3998111
© 2019 American Astronomical Society