Higher Talent Executive Search is pleased to partner with the International Dark-Sky Association (IDA) to search for their new Executive Director who will be based in Tucson, AZ. The ideal candidate will be mission-focused, committed to excellence, and a staunch advocate of the values and policies of the IDA.
IDA is recognized as a worldwide leading agency committed to promoting exemplary stewardship of the night sky through responsible outdoor lighting and education. Working with diverse partners, the IDA’s mission is “to preserve and protect the nighttime environment and our heritage of dark skies through environmentally responsible outdoor lighting.”
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director has overall responsibility for the leadership and delivery of the day-to-day operations of the IDA. Guided by the strategic plan, the Executive Director will be tasked with organizational strategy, financial management, fostering of Board development as appropriate, staff mentoring and management, and guiding philanthropic efforts in support of the execution of IDA’s mission.
The Executive Director will be an experienced and passionate leader with a thorough working knowledge of conservation and environmental issues, a positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed. The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to IDA’s mission and have proven leadership and fund development experience. Other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree, with at least five years of senior management experience or a B.A. and at least seven years of senior management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in nonprofit or related management with fiscal compliance to include successful audits.
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and volunteers to achieve strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated record of (6) six-figure solicitations from public agencies, foundations and major donors.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to donor stewardship and grant reporting.
- Demonstrated history of effectively working with a Board to include cultivation, development, and fostering efficiency in smooth governance and fundraising actions.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, an impeccable ethical code of conduct, and an unwavering commitment to transparency and personal financial accountability.