The Department of Astronomy and Planetary Science at Northern Arizona University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor, starting August 2023. We are seeking applicants who will expand the Department’s current expertise into areas that include (but are not limited to) early solar system processes, exoplanets, and/or star and planet formation and protoplanetary disks. Applicants may employ any relevant techniques, including (but not limited to) observational, laboratory, and/or theory.
Minimum qualifications are an earned PhD in Astronomy, Planetary Science, or related field, conferred by August 2023. Preferred qualifications include:
• Demonstrated effectiveness in:
- Teaching, advisement, and other student-related responsibilities, especially with individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Scholarly activity, securing external funding, and publishing in high-impact journals
- Service to the profession and the university community
• Experience with traditional and non-traditional course delivery including the use of active learning techniques, student-centered teaching practices, online modalities, and/or other teaching methods
• Experience working and interacting with people from diverse backgrounds.
To view the original post and to apply, proceed to https://apptrkr.com/3597518. Please address questions to Dr. Mark Salvatore (Search Committee Chair) at [email protected] or (928) 523-2661.