Job ID: IWF109ADM121
The Space Research Institute (IWF) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution, is offering a position as a
Scientific Coordinator (f*m)
(full- or part time)
Applications are invited for the position of a Scientific Coordinator at the Space Research Institute in Graz. The Scientific Coordinator will support the IWF Director Prof. Dr. Christiane Helling.
The tasks of the successful candidate include:
- support of project management, reporting, meeting preparation and follow-up,
- building up a young people program in interdisciplinary space science & planetary research,
- trend-scouting and support of science-technology links in space science,
- support facilitation of growing cross-disciplinary efforts.
We seek a Scientific Coordinator who
- feels at ease in an enthusiastic team of diverse ethnical and scientific backgrounds,
- has experiences in the international space research and funding landscape,
- enables communication across disciplinary boundaries,
- is self-driven, flexible and enjoys problem solving in a research-support environment,
- comprehends complex contexts and is multi-lingual.
Furthermore, it would be beneficial if the candidate has supervised students, and coordinated teams.
The applicant should hold a PhD in astrophysics, geoscience, space science engineering or any reasonably close natural/engineering area.
The position is available as early as January 1, 2022. The initial contract is for 1 year with the expectation of prolongation for a permanent employment depending on adequate performance and agreement of both candidate and institute. The IWF offers an annual gross salary of € 55.242,60 based on a full-time employment. Salary and social benefits will be in accordance with the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
Applications include (1) a curriculum vitae incl. list of publications, (2) statement of the applicant's experience wrt. the above listed tasks (max 2 pages), (3) certificates for the full academic record, and (4) two names of references with the full contact information. Please send the application in PDF format mentioning Job ID: IWF109ADM121 to [email protected] no later than November 1, 2021.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Prof Dr Christiane Helling. More information about the institute: http://www.iwf.oeaw.ac.at.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.