LIGO Laboratory (the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory) seeks a highly motivated and skilled Scientific Programmer to join its team.
The scientific programmer will develop software to archive, discover, display, and download publicly available LIGO/Virgo strain data and analysis results, as available through the Gravitational Wave Open Science Center (GWOSC). The focus will be to improve and expand the services available through the GWOSC web server, available at https://gw-openscience.org. The new hire will also develop software to support LIGO/Virgo low- latency event selection and public dissemination for low-latency gravitational-wave transient events (see https://gracedb.ligo.org). These tools support discovery and analysis of gravitational-wave sources and their electromagnetic counterparts.
For full description of responsibilities, please visit apply link below.
• BS in physical sciences, computer science, or related field
• 3 years of experience developing software for scientific applications
• Proficiency developing in a Linux computing environment using python
• One year of experience in a research field related to astronomy, physics, or other physical science
• PhD in physics, astronomy, or a related field
• Thorough knowledge developing in a python web framework, such as django or flask
• Thorough knowledge with database technologies such as mySQL
• Working knowledge with cloud-based technologies for deployment and management of software
• General knowledge with time-series data and/or digital signal processing
• Resume or CV
• Cover Letter
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/2001157