The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS), Göttingen, Germany, invites applications for a Database Software Developer to work for the PLATO Data Center (https://platomission.com/plato-2-0-data-center/). More info about the institute: www.mps.mpg.de. The position is available for an initial period starting as early as possible until 31st March 2022, with the possibility of a long-term extension that is contingent upon performance and project funding. This position is dependent on funding from the German Aerospace Center.
- Develop the PDC Database system
- Contribute to the production of PDC technical documentation
- Monitor and maintain the PDC schedule
- Master of Science degree or relevant experience
- Expertise in Java, Java Native Interface, Swing/Abstract Window Toolkit, Eclipse
- Experience with databases, Python, C, dev tools (e.g. Jenkins, QF-Test, JIRA, svn/git), Linux
- Experience with space missions and scientific projects.
- Good command of the English Language
Remuneration and social security benefits will be in accordance with the German Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD).
Applications from disabled persons are explicitly encouraged and will be favored in the case of equally qualified applicants. The Max Planck Society strives to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented. Women are therefore explicitly encouraged to apply.
Please send your CV and application letter in English (certificates and reference letters may be in German) as one PDF file to email@example.com with the subject line “2018 PDC Database Software Developer”. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.