Postdoctoral Fellow (Cosmic Microwave Background) - 88897
Berkeley Lab’s Physics Division has an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow to work analysis methodology, data analysis and/or instrumentation for Cosmic Microwave Background research.
What You Will Do:
• Work on analysis methodology, data analysis and/or instrumentation for Cosmic Microwave Background research.
• Conduct original research independently and in collaboration.
• Interact with LBNL and other investigators working on similar or related scientific problems.
• Prepare research papers for publication.
• Present research findings at seminars and conferences.
What is Required:
• Ph.D. in Physics or Astronomy.
• At least one year of experience in experimental or theoretical cosmology.
• Demonstrated ability to work in the research environment.
• Evidence of potential for high levels of achievement as an independent researcher.
• Ability to work as a team member to accomplish goals.
Berkeley Lab values a diverse workforce and culture of inclusion, which are keys to attracting and engaging the brightest minds to further our record of scientific excellence and groundbreaking innovations (https://diversity.lbl.gov). Applications from women, minorities and other under represented groups are strongly encouraged.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply by close of business on December 16, 2019.
How to Apply:
Please visit Academic Jobs Online to create a profile and submit the requested application materials. Note that applications will only be accepted via this Academic Jobs Online URL: http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=173685
The following requested application materials listed below must be submitted through Academic Jobs Online:
• Research Statement
• Publication List
• Curriculum Vitae
• Reference Letters - Arrange to have at least 3 letters of reference submitted online by the reference writers at this site, with at least one external to LBNL/UC Berkeley.
• This is a full time, M-F, exempt from overtime pay (monthly paid), 2 year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 3 years of paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
• This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Learn About Us:
Berkeley Lab (LBNL) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Working at Berkeley Lab has many rewards including a competitive compensation program, excellent health and welfare programs, a retirement program that is second to none, and outstanding development opportunities. To view information about the many rewards that are offered at Berkeley Lab- Click Here.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click here to view the poster and supplement: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups presently considering scientific research careers.