Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. IPAC, part of the Physics, Math, and Astronomy Division at Caltech, provides science operations, user support, data and archive services, and scientific vision to maximize discovery with observatories both in space and on the ground.
We invite applications from talented researchers in the field of mid-IR high-resolution spectroscopy of Galactic star forming regions to work with Dr. Roberta Paladini, and a large team of world experts in dust modeling, extinction, start formation, on one of the largest approved James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) Cycle-1 proposals, titled: "Unveiling Grain Growth in Very Dense Galactic Cores". The program, based on MIRI MRS observations, aims at constraining grain growth in early stages in very dense molecular cores.
- A brief cover letter describing your interest in the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Contact information for 3 professional references
- Summary of previous and current research (limited to 2 pages)
- The appointment will be for two years
- Application materials should be addressed to Dr. Roberta Paladini, and sent to [email protected].
- Complete applications submitted by January 1st, 2023 will receive full consideration, but review of applications will continue until a suitable candidate has been identified.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree in planetary sciences, astrophysics or related field by the starting date (Spring 2023)
Caltech has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective October 15, 2021, requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees (with Institute-approved exemptions for religious or medical contraindications only). At present, an individual is deemed "fully vaccinated" when that person has received, at least 14 days prior, either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson). As a condition of employment, employees must submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caltech Recruiting at [email protected].