The software development team of the Chandra data system division has an opening for a software developer to support data reduction and analysis tools for NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory. The successful candidate will work to extend and maintain the data system functionality and to support its operations. Knowledge required for the position includes C/C++, Python, Java, Unix based operating system, and data bases and data access via standard protocols. We offer a challenging environment working in partnership with science and data systems operations teams and an existing software development team, to bring Chandra data products and science analysis tools to the astronomical community at large.
• Communication with scientists for software requirements.
• Software development and maintenance through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Technical writing support for internal and user documentation.
• Problem analysis and evaluation in support of science operations and user input.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
We will only accept applications on line for this position. To view the complete vacancy announcement and online application procedures, please visithttps://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/448766700/
No benefits information has been provided by the employer.
© 2017 American Astronomical Society