Applications are invited for a postdoctoral research fellowship at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
We have a dynamic group and welcome candidates with broad interests in theoretical astrophysics. The position focuses on gravitational-wave astronomy or high-energy astrophysics, including but not limited to:
- Gravitational-wave astrophysics and the interpretation of exciting new data on binary neutron star and black hole mergers
- Modelling massive stellar and binary evolution
- The interpretation of high-energy astrophysical transients, including tidal disruption events and gamma-ray bursts
- Astrostatistics, including gravitational-wave and LSST data analysis
- Stellar dynamics, X-ray binaries, test of gravity, …
Please see https://careers.pageuppeople.com/513/cw/en/job/628867/research-fellow
for the full advertisement and application instructions.
Applications should be submitted online via the above URL and should include a CV with a publication list and a statement of research interests. Applicants should also arrange for three reference letters to be sent directly to [email protected] .
The School of Physics and Astronomy at Monash University is strongly committed to improving the diversity of our staff and students, and promoting a culture of equity, fairness, respect and openness. Applications from female candidates are highly encouraged.
The application deadline is 10 February, 2022. The start date is flexible.
© 2019 American Astronomical Society