Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST) is among the few top research universities in China. The School of Physics at HUST is a fastest-developing and the top ranked physics department in China.
To complement and expand our current research activities in astrophysics (e.g., high-energy astrophysics, gravitational-wave astrophysics), the School of Physics is seeking to fill 3-5 postdoctoral positions.
The selected candidates are expected to be involved in the research fields including: 1) High-energy astrophysics: theories and multiband observations, e.g., AGNs, XRBs, GRBs, TDEs, FRBs, NSs, neutrino, cosmic ray etc.
2) Gravitational wave astrophysics: black hole growth and evolution, extreme-mass-ratio inspirals, compact binaries, numerical relativity, etc. and data analysis.
3) Radio astronomy: transients and interstellar medium with Square Kilometer Array.
4) Astronomical Technology: optical instrumentation, opto-mechanical engineering, optical engineering.
The annual salary will be 180,000 to 300,000 RMB per year. The University will provide funding support for research activities and on-campus school for kids. Postdocs will have opportunities to develop their own research programs and obtain future funding support through competitive funding programs in China. Postdocs also have opportunity to apply faculty positions in future.
The positions are available immediately. The start date is flexible and can be anytime in 2020. Appointments are for two years, with renewal for a third-year contingent upon satisfactory progress and funding status.
• Ph.D. in astronomy, physics or a closely related field is required for all positions.
Required application materials:
- a curriculum vitae with a list of publications and highlights for past research;
- a statement of research plan;
- three letters of reference (Please ask the individuals to send the letter as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the letters arrive before the application deadline.).
Notes for application:
- Please send your application documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receipt of your application, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive any response within 3 working days, please contact email@example.com ;
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; to ensure full consideration, please send your application by May 10, 2020.
- If you have any questions please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.