The holder of this position will advance UTAS Physics through dedicated research and publications on VLBI operations and its geodetic products, teaching at the honours and undergraduate levels, and supervision of research higher degree students. They are expected to make independent and innovative contributions to the VLBI operations and their integration into University teaching and the UTAS mission.
In the role you will:
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities
- Undertake high-quality research of national and increasingly of international standing, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and contribute to the successful supervision of research higher degree students, in order to meet and regularly exceed the University’s research performance expectations for Level A or B (whichever is appropriate).
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate (and if relevant postgraduate) coursework teaching of a high quality.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
- Take responsibilities and a forward-thinking role in the AuScope VLBI project. Represent the project internationally, communicate and coordinate with the IVS, the Asian-Oceania VLBI group (AOV) and other partners. Assist in reporting and advertising, in hosting visitors, guests and research partners.
You will be employed on a fixed term full time basis (3 years)
To be considered, you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in Geodesy, Radio Astronomy or in a relevant field.
- A good record of, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national recognition and made worthwhile contributions to the field of space geodesy or radio astronomy, demonstrated by a record of quality publications, presentations at conferences and preferably success in securing external competitive and other funding.
- Experience in University-level teaching and learning.
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline and wider community.
- Demonstrated willingness and capacity to work in a team environment.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level A or B dependent on experience. The total remuneration package will be commensurate with academic level and experience and comprises a base salary within the range of $82,155 AUD to $108,862 AUD plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Simon Ellingsen, Simon, Simon.Ellingsen@utas.edu.au / (03) 6226 7588. – International / 011 61 (03) 6226 7588
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria in one document.
Applications close Monday, 30 July 2018.
For position description please visit: http://www.utas.edu.au/careers