W. M. Keck Observatory (WMKO) operates two 10-meter optical/infrared telescopes and an associated suite of advanced instrumentation. These telescopes have been extremely productive scientifically and have allowed the WMKO science community to play a leading role in understanding the universe from our solar system, to exoplanets, black holes, the earliest galaxies, and dark matter and energy.
The Software Engineer is responsible for a variety of duties related to developing, testing, deploying and maintaining software for control solutions used at the observatory as well as integrating and maintaining software for science instruments.
All qualified applicants, including women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
· Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or other relevant engineering or science field.
· Experience in development and maintenance of distributed control systems for engineering or scientific applications.
· Hands-on experience with real-time or near real-time control systems.
· Direct experience implementing and maintaining complex automation controls (such as device control, motion control and sequence control) in a scientific or industrial setting.
Desired Qualifications, but not required
· Strong math skills with a demonstrated ability to apply it for control applications.
· Experience programming in distributed control frameworks such as EPICS.
· Experience in adaptive optics syst
To see the full job description, go to https://keckobservatory.applicantpro.com/jo
Go to https://keckobservatory.applicantpro.com/jobs