Complete information about this position, conditions and online application can be found at http://ceico.cz/jobs/postdocs-lsst-2017
The duration of the senior post is up to five years, available immediately (initial contract for 3 years, renewable for a further 2 years subject to performance). Candidates are expected to have at least three years of postdoctoral experience in Physics, Engineering or a related field. Experience in leading a research team would be considered as highly beneficial.
The duration of the junior post is up to three years, available immediately (initial contract for 1 year, renewable for a further 2 years subject to performance). Candidates are expected to have completed, or about to complete, a PhD degree in Physics, Engineering or a related field.
Both positions are available immediately but later starting dates are negotiable. Successful candidates are expected to become (if not already) active in the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST) project and/or the Dark Energy Science Collaboration (DESC).
Successful candidates will work on any of the following areas of research:
- Characterization of CCD sensors and science rafts during production and commissioning
- Optimization of performance of the LSST camera and electronics
- Understanding of limitations for science observables coming from the instrument LSST science preparations
- Development and optimization of tools for processing scientific data and data management DESC software development
- Running and developing of various simulations
- Study of dark energy probes and observables
- Test new photosensitive detectors for next-generation cosmological surveys
Further information about CEICO and its research programmes can be found at http://www.ceico.cz.