The innovation centre innoFSPEC Potsdam is hosted by the Leibniz‐Institute for Astrophysics Potsdam (AIP). While AIP has a strong record in the development of optical instrumentation for state‐of‐the‐art international telescope facilities (e.g. ESO, LBT, HET, Calar Alto), innoFSPEC Potsdam provides a unique opportunity for research on key enabling technologies, specifically in the field of Astrophotonics. In order to enhance the capabilities for lab tests and on‐sky validation of components such as OH suppression FBGs, interferometric beam combiners, integrated photonic spectrographs, etc., innoFSPEC is developing a NIR camera based on a 2Kx2K HgCdTe array. innoFSPEC Potsdam invites applications for two positions dedicated to this project.
- Design, development, and test of NIR camera utilizing HgCdTe array.
- Application of NIR camera to laboratory and on‐sky tests of astrophotonics components
- A degree in physics, astronomy, or engineering, preferably PhD
- Experience in instrumentation for infrared astronomy, or similar areas of research
- Hands‐on experience with control and operation of HgCdTe‐Arrays (e.g. H2RG)
- Hands‐on experience with cryogenic and vacuum systems for NIR instrumentation
- Knowledge of detector electronics and controllers
- Experience with mechanical engineering, dynamics, structures, thermodynamics, engineering
modelling and machine shop processes. Proficiency with CAD software is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team
The AIP is an equal opportunity employer and strives to maintain a diverse, inclusive work environment and culture. AIP particularly encourages applications from women and those from diverse backgrounds. Preference will also be given to people with disabilities with equal competence. The appointment could start immediately after the recruitment process is completed. The appointment would be for 3 years. Salary and social benefits are calculated based on the German public service scale TV‐L and depends on qualification. Employer contributions to medical, parental leave, and retirement benefits are included.
Please send your CV, publication list, copies of academic degrees, and 3 references to: email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Martin M. Roth
Leibniz‐Institut für Astrophysik Potsdam (AIP) – innoFSPEC Potsdam
An der Sternwarte 16, D‐14482 Potsdam, Germany