The Department of Physics is seeking applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in astrophysics, starting on or after June 1, 2018. The appointed candidate will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate students, engage in ongoing research and publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the University.
1) Ph.D. in physics, with a specialization in astrophysics;
2) A record of outstanding research achievements in the field;
3) Strong commitment to teaching at all levels;
4) The appointed candidate will be expected to pursue a vigorous research program in Astrophysics and contribute to the activities of the Astronomy and Astrophysics Group of the Department. Candidates from all fields of astronomy and astrophysics are encouraged to apply. However, priority will be given to candidates with research interests aligned with those present in the Department: stellar and exoplanet astrophysics, solar physics, extragalactic astronomy, high energy astrophysics, and astronomical instrumentation: www.astro.umontreal.ca/groupe;
5) Proficiency in the French language within a reasonable period.
The application must include the following documents: a cover letter, a curriculum vitæ, copies of recent publications, and the candidate’s proposed research program. Three letters of recommendation are also to be sent directly to the department chair by the referees. Application and letters of recommendation must be sent to the Department Chair by December 5, 2017, at the following address:
M. Richard Leonelli, directeur
a/s de Mme Peggy Lareau
Département de physique, Université de Montréal
C. P. 6128, succursale Centre-ville,
Montréal (QC), Canada, H3C 3J7
or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.