The Institute of Space Sciences (ICE-CSIC) in Barcelona (https://www.ice.csic.es/) is offering two junior Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Candidates should be within 2 years after the PhD, excluding maternity/paternity leaves.
- The appointments are for 2 years.
- The fellow is expected to develop her/his independent research and to interact with one or more of the research lines within the Institute.
- Mobility rule: candidates should not be affiliated to ICE-CSIC nor have carried out her/his PhD or initial postdoc at the Institute.
To apply, interested persons should send (to the contact below and with subject Junior Postdoc 2023):
- Curriculum vitae
- Full publications list (for candidates working within large collaborations, please distinguish those in which you have done a substantial contribution and explain which was it.)
- A minimum of 2 reference letters (to be sent separately by email to the address below)
- A research statement (maximum 3 pages)
The research statement should include commentary of the appropriateness of developing your research line at the Institute, how this can positively impact on your career and the prospects you see for collaboration with the established groups here.
Please state in your cover letter/email whether you wish to be considered for additional positions within research groups, if they become available.
If so, your materials will be automatically transferred to the corresponding committees within ICE-CSIC.
The starting date during 2024 is flexible, but is expected not to be beyond September 1st, 2024.
(Positions will be open until filled, but initial screening will start on November 15th and a decision is expected before the end of the year or shortly after the start of 2024)
The Institute of Space Sciences (ICE-CSIC) is recognised as a Unit of Excellence in Spain, it is an institute of the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), and is affiliated with the Institut d’Estudis Espacials de Catalunya (IEEC).