Applications are invited for a two-year postdoctoral position at the Institut de Recherche sur les Lois Fondamentales de l'Univers (IRFU) at CEA, Paris-Saclay University, to work in the field of Observational Cosmology. The cosmology group of IRFU, consisting ~20 researchers, postdocs and students is deeply involved in DESI and UNIONS on topics related to cosmology, large scale structures, dark matter and neutrinos.
The successful candidate will have privileged access to DESI and UNIONS data and is expected to work on Lyman Break Galaxy (LBG) clustering. The main goal is to study the Primordial Non-Gaussianity. Some expertise in the study of photometric catalogs, in the computation of angular correlation functions and even in the CMB lensing will be highly valuable. The funding is provided through a grant from the French agency for research (ANR) awarded to the project named: Mapping the Distant Universe with LBGs. The successful applicant will dedicate ~70% of his/her time to the general effort of ANR project. He/she can conduct his/her own research for the remaining 30% of the time.
Applications should consist of a CV, a list of publications and a brief statement of research interests to be submitted electronically to [email protected], under a subject heading “Postdoc 2022 -- LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME”. Please arrange for 3 letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the above email address. All application material should be received by November 25, 2022. Start date flexible: as early as May 2023 and ideally not later than October 2023. The duration of the post-doc is initially two years, renewable up to three years, depending on satisfactory results.
The CEA-Saclay is conveniently located near Paris (40mn away, either by CEA buses, car or train). The position includes health coverage for employee and family. School in France is free for all children above 3 years old, and day care is available.