The Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute(KASI) is a government-funded research institute located in Daejeon, Republic of Korea. We conduct front-line research in various fields of astronomy, astrophysics and space science, develop astronomical instruments and operate facilities in Korea and overseas. We are currently looking for creative and outstanding postdoctoral scientists.
○ The Areas of Recruitment: A Detailed job description for each area is attached separately.
- P1 : Study of exoplanetary atmosphere(1 position)
- P2 : Dwarf Galaxies and Time-Series Data(1 position)
- P4 : Evolved stars(1 position)
- P5 : VLBI astronomy - AGN research(1 position)
- P6 : Star formation and Evolved stars(1 position)
- P8 : Space-based observational astronomy/SPHEREx(1 position)
- P9 : GNSS/Ionosphere(1 position)
- P12 : Cosmology and Astrophysics(1 position)
- P15 : Control Technology for Telescope and Instrument(1 position)
- P16 : Instrumentation for Gravitational Wave Detectors(1 position)
- Those who earned their Ph.D. within the past 5 years(starting date is within 5 years of receiving their Ph.D.) or those who will obtain their Ph.D. before the appointment date. Degree must be obtained before the appointment date.
- Those who can start working within 2022. The appointment date is negotiable with an agreement of the corresponding PI, but it should be within 2022.
○ Applicants should apply online at https://www.kasi.re.kr/eng/recruit/post/recruitNotice/29187
- (Deadline: Jul 29(Fri.) 15:00(KST))
○ Schedule for the Selection Process
1) Document review : Aug 8, 2022(Mon.) ~ Aug 16, 2022(Tue.)
2) Presentation-related Comprehensive Interview : Aug 29, 2022(Mon.) ~ Sept 7, 2022(Wed.)
※ The result of each selection process will be informed to the applicants through e-mail.
The successful candidate will be provided with the remuneration(starting from around 43,200,000 KRW(around $38,900(pretax)) per annum excluding severance pay) depending on qualification, research budget and financial supplement for health insurance and national pension, one-way airfare to join the KASI(economy class), and a dormitory room for single/double if needed(dorm fees: 150,000/90,000KRW). The KASI is committed to increasing its diversity and welcomes applications from women and people with disabilities.
○ Other Information
To proceed with a fair recruitment process, the personally identifiable information which is unrelated to one’s work such as name (first name and surname), picture, names of educational institutions, gender, sexual orientation, address, family or relatives cannot be mentioned in the application form, personal statement, and other necessary documents.