Faculty positions (Observatory Support) at NCRA-TIFR: The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR) invites applications for permanent faculty positions in the area of observatory support. Research activities at NCRA-TIFR are centred on radio astronomy, where the Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope is a major international facility. These positions are meant primarily for telescope support activities. The successful candidates would be expected to spend about 75% of their time on activities like user support, telescope operations, and instrumentation debugging and commissioning tests, with the remaining 25% meant for research in astronomy. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in physics, astronomy or a related subject, a good understanding of radio telescopes and instrumentation, and significant experience in handling radio astronomical data.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a research plan, proposed contributions to support activities and the names of three or more referees, and should be sent by e-mail to the Centre Director, NCRA-TIFR, at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify clearly in the application that it is for a faculty position in the area of Observatory Support. While applications are invited throughout the year, they will be processed two or three times a year. The deadline for receipt of applications for the next screening is November 30, 2019. Additional information can be obtained by writing to email@example.com.
The salary of entry-level faculty members, i.e. those joining after a few years of post-doctoral research, and assuming an off campus residence, are between INR 1,15,232/- to 1,28,696 /- per month.. Faculty members are also entitled to on-campus housing (subject to availability; staff staying off campus are entitled to a House Rent Allowance) and health care benefits. Candidates with appropriate experience can be considered for higher levels with a higher salary.