Global Science & Technology, Inc., a fast growing high technology firm, is seeking an experienced Solicitation Specialist to support a major NASA research program. The position is located in Arlington/Crystal City, VA.
The Solicitation Specialist will work directly with staff senior scientists in end-to-end support of NASA solicitation and peer review cycles. Primary NASA customers will be the Space Technology Mission Directorate (http://www.nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/programs).
- Works in conjunction with NASA Program Staff and contract Senior Scientists to assist in proposal review.
- Prepares solicitation documentation and proposal data in required formats.
- Helps organize panels and ad-hoc reviews; ensures that venue and IT needs are met.
- Interface with panelists and reviewers for review, travel and remote communications.
- Takes notes of general panel proceedings as requested.
- Responsible for leading and preforming support activities related to the development and administration of solicitations and peer review activities.
- Ensures conformance to specified quality standards.
- Monitors and reports to the Project Manager about the progress of activities relative to solicitation deadlines and is responsible for identifying and reporting to the Project Manager about significant slippages, delays, or impediments.
- Supports the Project Manager in developing and producing proposal information, related summary statistics and analytics.
- A recent Bachelor’s or MS/MA degree (preferred) in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic Microsoft Office and Windows OS skills.
- Experience administering or participating in the scientific peer review process.
- Space science or space technology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of system engineering principle and knowledge of/fluency in database query is a plus.
- Strong organization, multitasking, and communication skills.
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
- Ability to use a computer.
Mental Qualification(s) Required:
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency is preferred.
GST offers competitive salaries; vacation, sick, and holiday leave; major medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; tuition assistance; and opportunities for employee career growth and development.
You may also fax your resume to (301) 474-5970. If you need assistance, please call (301) 474-9696.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans’ status. GST is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.