Join the EA-ARC team as an ARC Scientist to
- Conduct the tasks needed for ALMA science operations;
- Do scientific research using ALMA.
The Science Operations tasks conducted by the team include:
- Support of preparation of ALMA observations or evaluation/reduction of the observed ALMA
- Promotion of science with ALMA by contributions at science meetings and ALMA East Asian
- Contribution to Astronomer on Duty or systems/science verification at JAO in Chile
(approximately one month visit to JAO per year);
- In addition to above, the successful candidates may be requested to lead some of the ARC major
activities (proposal preparation support, observing program preparation support, data reduction
and data quality assurance, pipeline data reduction, user helpdesk, etc.).
ARC Scientists will assign 75% of their working time for the above duties. The remaining 25%
shall be used for their own scientific research such as:
- Excellent scientific research with ALMA;
- Exploration of new research fields with ALMA.
Please make sure to visit the following link for details.https://www.nao.ac.jp/en/contents/job-vacancy/job-20220411-alma.pdf
Application Deadline: 2022-05-13, 12:00 (noon) (JST)
Job description - contact
Prof. Gonzalez, Alvaro
E-mail: Alvaro.Gonzalez_AT_nao.ac.jp (replace _AT_ with @)
Job application or other items - contact
E-mail: apply-ALMA-proassisprof20220411_AT_nao.ac.jp (replace _AT_ with @)
© 2019 American Astronomical Society