Two Project Assistant Professor, National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ) ALMA Project

Submission Information
Publish Date: 
Friday, April 15, 2022
Archive Date: 
Friday, May 13, 2022
Job Summary
Job Category: 
Faculty Positions (visiting and non-tenure)
Institution Classification/Type: 
Foreign
Institution/Company: 
National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ)
Department Name: 
ALMA Project
Street Line 1: 
2-21-1 Osawa
City: 
Mitaka
State/Province: 
Tokyo
Zip/Postal: 
181-8588
Country: 
Japan
Announcement
Job Announcement Text: 

Join the EA-ARC team as an ARC Scientist to
- Conduct the tasks needed for ALMA science operations;
- Do scientific research using ALMA.
The Science Operations tasks conducted by the team include:
- Support of preparation of ALMA observations or evaluation/reduction of the observed ALMA
data;
- Promotion of science with ALMA by contributions at science meetings and ALMA East Asian
Users Meeting;
- Contribution to Astronomer on Duty or systems/science verification at JAO in Chile
(approximately one month visit to JAO per year);
- In addition to above, the successful candidates may be requested to lead some of the ARC major
activities (proposal preparation support, observing program preparation support, data reduction
and data quality assurance, pipeline data reduction, user helpdesk, etc.).
ARC Scientists will assign 75% of their working time for the above duties. The remaining 25%
shall be used for their own scientific research such as:
- Excellent scientific research with ALMA;
- Exploration of new research fields with ALMA.

Please make sure to visit the following link for details.
https://www.nao.ac.jp/en/contents/job-vacancy/job-20220411-alma.pdf

Application Deadline: 2022-05-13, 12:00 (noon) (JST)

Job description - contact
Prof. Gonzalez, Alvaro
E-mail: Alvaro.Gonzalez_AT_nao.ac.jp (replace _AT_ with @)

Job application or other items - contact
E-mail: apply-ALMA-proassisprof20220411_AT_nao.ac.jp (replace _AT_ with @)

Application Deadline: 
Friday, May 13, 2022
Current Status of Position: 
Accepting Applicants
Apply to Job
Attention To: 
Alvaro Gonzalez