Applications are invited for Post-doctoral fellowships in the following projects:
- Neutron star modelling and Gravitational Wave data analysis
- MeerKAT Absorption Line Survey (MALS)
- Spectral and timing properties of high energy emission from X-ray binaries and/or Active Galactic Nuclei
- Gas flows and galaxy evolution
- Dynamo generation of cosmic magnetic fields
- Characterising the properties of supernovae driven turbulence using idealised MHD simulations
- Astrosat Science Support Cell
Duration: 2 years, extendable to a maximum of 3 years based on performance
Monthly fellowship: INR 54,000/-
Annual Contingency grant: INR 40,000/-
Facilities at IUCAA include a network of state-of-the-art computers, high performance computing clusters, high speed internet connections, mirror sites of important databases, a very well equipped instrumentation laboratory, and a library containing an excellent collection of books and periodicals.
IUCAA operates a 2-m optical telescope at IUCAA Girawali Observatory (IGO) located 80 kms away from Pune. IUCAA is also a partner in the 10-m class Southern African Large Telescope (SALT) meant for imaging and spectroscopic observations of faint and distant objects. IUCAA is a major participant in space-based Indian Astronomy missions AstroSat (current) and Aditya - L1 (upcoming), as well as in future large projects including LIGO-India and the Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT).
A candidate is free to apply to multiple projects. Successful candidates are normally expected to commence their fellowship during August 2021.