Junior Electronics Engineer
UCO Technical Support MRU
Job Opening ID#: 8453
Salary Information: $51,100 - $89,200 / Annually. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Full Time: Career
UC Santa Cruz strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Department Marketing Statement
The University of California Observatories (UCO) is a Multi-Campus Research Unit of the University of California, with headquarters at the UC Santa Cruz campus. UCO operates on behalf of astronomers on eight UC campuses and two national laboratories and is comprised of extensive technical facilities, a business office, telescopes and support facilities at the Lick Observatory on Mt. Hamilton. UCO provides UC's scientific and administrative interface to the Keck Observatory on Mauna Kea, Hawaii, and the Thirty-Meter Telescope international project, and supports the training of astronomy Ph.D.s throughout the UC system.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
• Working knowledge of engineering principles and methods in order to independently perform professional engineering design work of limited scope and complexity.
• Working knowledge necessary to begin independent application of principles, practices and procedures in the completion of assignments.
• Organizational abilities and decision-making to prioritize work assignments.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
Position is open until filled. Initial Review Date: 7/14/2020
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY THROUGH THE US SANTA CRUZ WEBSITE. You can view the complete job description and access the on-line application at:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, your application must be submitted ON OR BEFORE the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site at https://jobs.ucsc.edu . A computer is available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.