The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS), Göttingen, Germany, invites applications for Software Developers to work for the PLATO Data Center (https://platomission.com/plato-2-0-data-center/). More info about the institute: www.mps.mpg.de. The position is available for an initial period starting 1 April 2019 until 31st March 2022, with the possibility of a long-term extension that is contingent upon performance and project funding. This position is dependent on funding from the German Aerospace Center.
The PDC is responsible for developing validation and calibration software modules that will be integrated into pipelines at the Science Operation Center,
- Develop validation and calibration software
- Write professional documentation
- Respond to requests from PDC Office
- University degree (or equivalent) in computer science, software development or related topics
- Expertise in Python
- Experience with development tools (e.g. Jenkins, JIRA, SVN/git), Linux
- Experience with space missions, scientific projects, systems engineering
- Good command of the English Language
Remuneration and social security benefits will be in accordance with the German Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD).
Applications from disabled persons are explicitly encouraged and will be favored in the case of equally qualified applicants. The Max Planck Society strives to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented. Women are therefore explicitly encouraged to apply.
Send your CV and application letter in English (certificates and reference letters may be in German) as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "2019 PDC Software Developer". Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.