Fermilab seeks outstanding applicants for the David N. Shramm Postdoctoral Fellowship in experimental particle astrophysics and cosmology.
The Fermilab Cosmic Physics Center plays a critical role in a wide range of experimental efforts in the disciplines of dark energy (DES, DESI, and LSST), cosmic microwave background (SPT-3G and CMB-S4), and dark matter direct detection (ADMX, SuperCDMS, and SENSEI), as well as hosting an active group in the theoretical astrophysics and cosmology. Fermilab also leads the U.S. experimental accelerator neutrino program. The Schramm Fellowship is aimed at exceptional recent PhD recipients with a proven research record and prior experience in experimental particle astrophysics, cosmology, or closely related fields. This position provides the opportunity to bridge existing experimental efforts and participate in the development of new experimental projects. The successful candidate is expected to do original research that will capitalize on the broad range of scientific, computing, engineering, and technical expertise available at Fermilab.
This position is for a period of up to 5 years and comes with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- Pursue studies of fundamental physics.
- Publish scientific papers. Present work at scientific conferences, workshops, and reviews.
- Respect, understand and value individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
- Abide by all environment, safety, and health regulations.
Qualifications and Essential Job Functions
- Ph.D. in Physics, Astrophysics, or another relevant subject
- Demonstrated ability to carry out independent research
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Interested candidates should apply via Academic Jobs Online: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/14778.
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Research Statement
- Publication list
- Three (3) reference letters (to be submitted by the reference writers via Academic Jobs Online)
For general information about this position, please contact Dr. Alex Drlica-Wagner at email@example.com. Candidates not selected for the Schramm Fellowship may be considered for other Research Associate opportunities at Fermilab.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
HUMAN FACTORS: Mental Concentration, Sitting, and Tight Work Schedule. In addition, the ability to travel by automobile and/or commercial air carrier both domestically and internationally may be required.
Diverse people. Diverse jobs. Great science.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Dr. Alex Drlica-Wagner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
PO Box 500, MS 127
Batavia, IL 60510