CSIRO Astronomy & Space Science (CASS) is seeking to appoint a National Facility Scientific Operations Officer with indefinite tenure.
As the successful applicant you will support the scientific operations of the Australia Telescope National Facility, specifically the Australian Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder and the Australia Telescope Compact Array, undertaking activities including observing, data processing and pipeline management and user support.
You will be based either at the CASS site in Sydney, Australia or the CASS site in Perth, Australia, and Salary is A$80K - A$91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
• Transition observing proposals to schedules, then observations and pipeline data reduction
• Monitor and calibrate astronomical observations and utilise appropriate computing resources
• Assist with system checks, maintenance hand-overs, array and correlator/beamformer configurations
• Train astronomers in the use and operation of National Facilities, and maintain rosters of astronomy support
• Support communication between on-site staff and Sydney and Perth CASS offices, as well as with remote observers/users/science teams
To be successful you will need:
• Relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Astrophysics, physics or computing.
• Expertise in astronomy techniques and observations
• Experience in radio astronomy instrumentation and/or data pipelines
If you wish to apply for this position, please load one document which incorporates your address to the selection criteria, a cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your CV via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/.