The Center for Computational Astrophysics (CCA) at the Flatiron Institute seeks temporary full-time Research Analysts as part of its Pre-Doctoral Program. The aim of this program is to provide graduate students from institutions worldwide the opportunity to be employed at the CCA for 5 months for the purpose of working on a research project with one or more CCA staff mentors. The program is open to individuals who are currently pursuing a PhD in a relevant field.
Before applying, candidates for this position must contact one or more potential mentors. For further details about the program and a full list of mentors, please visit: https://www.simonsfoundation.org/grant/flatiron-institute-center-for-com...
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in a field relevant to the proposed research
- 1-2 years of advanced course work in a relevant field
- Demonstrated understanding of basic research skills
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for working in groups, including software development life cycles, coding standards, code review and version control systems (e.g., Git)
- Expertise in algorithms and data structures and/or in computational methods
- Technical and scientific curiosity
- Professional communication skills
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- CV and publication list
- Description of previous research experience (not to exceed two pages)
- Research proposal of not more than 2 pages outlining planned work at Flatiron
- Two (2) letters of recommendation submitted confidentially by the letter writers to email@example.com. One letter must be from the applicant’s PhD supervisor and must explicitly approve the applicant’s possible participation in the Pre-Doctoral Program
When submitting your application, please read and follow the guidelines from the AAS, which are available here: https://jobregister.aas.org/postdoc-application-guidelines
All applications must be submitted no later than June 1, 2020.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.