DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics.
The Zeuthen location of DESY has a strong focus on astroparticle physics (https://astro.desy.de), particularly gamma-ray and neutrino astronomy. The experimental groups are accompanied by a strong astroparticle theory group. At its Zeuthen location, DESY is a lead participant in CTA and is also involved in other gamma-ray telescopes.
- Lead science exploitation of existing and future gamma-ray instruments
- Lead contributions to institute’s preparation efforts for the CTA observatory
- Leading role in development of instrumentation for gamma-ray astronomy
- Supervision of students
- Ph.D. in physics, astronomy or astroparticle physics
- Extensive experience in data analysis and interpretation in astroparticle physics
- Experience in instrumentation and R&D and/or data acquisition in astroparticle physics, high-energy physics or astrophysics
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Outstanding teamwork capabilities and excellent communication skills
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. David Berge: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application including a resume and the usual documents (motivation letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications, copies of university degrees and names of 2 referees).
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application quoting the reference code preferably via our electronic application system: Online Application to http://www.desy.de/ueber_desy/karriere/online_bewerbung/index_ger.html
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: FHMA013/2018
Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg | Germany | Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: Until the position is filled.