Applications are invited for Post-doctoral fellowships in the following projects:
- Multi-Wavelength Study of Solar Transients
- Developing ultrastable ultranarrow line-width laser for quantum metrology
- Devasthal Optical Telescope Integral Field Spectrograph (DOTIFS)
- MeerKAT Absorption Line Survey (MALS)
- Designing and fabrication of Fabry-Perot cavity and developing laser frequency stabilization using it
Duraton: 2 years, extendable to a maximum of 3 years based on performance
Monthly fellowship: INR 54,000/-
Annual Contingency grant: INR 40,000/-
Facilities at IUCAA include a network of state-of-the-art computers, high performance computing clusters, high speed internet connections, mirror sites of important databases, a very well equipped instrumentation laboratory, and a library containing an excellent collection of books and periodicals.
IUCAA operates a 2-m optical telescope at IUCAA Girawali Observatory (IGO) located 80 kms away from Pune. IUCAA is also a partner in the 10-m class Southern African Large Telescope (SALT) meant for imaging and spectroscopic observations of faint and distant objects. IUCAA is a major participant in space-based Indian Astronomy missions AstroSat (current) and Aditya - L1 (upcoming), as well as in future large projects including LIGO-India and the Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT).
Applications should be made online at the IUCAA web site. A candidate is free to apply to multiple projects.
Successful candidates will normally be expected to commence their fellowship during August 2020.