Project Associate Professor in NAOJ ALMA Project (ARC Scientist)

Submission Information
Publish Date: 
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Archive Date: 
Thursday, June 6, 2019
Job Summary
Job Category: 
Faculty Positions (visiting and non-tenure)
Institution Classification/Type: 
Foreign
Institution/Company: 
National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
City: 
Mitaka
State/Province: 
Tokyo
Country: 
Japan
Announcement
Job Announcement Text: 

NAOJ invites applications for a Project Associate Professor in NAOJ ALMA Project to work as ARC Scientist in the EA-ARC to:

-Conduct the tasks needed for ALMA science operations;
-Do scientific research using ALMA;

The Science Operations tasks conducted by the team include:
-Support of preparation of ALMA observations or evaluation/reduction of the observed ALMA data;
-Promotion of science with ALMA by contributions at science meetings and ALMA East Asian Users Meeting;
-Contribution to Astronomer on Duty (AoD) or systems/science verification at JAO in Chile (one month visit to JAO per year);
-In addition to the tasks above, the successful applicant is expected to lead some of the ARC major activities (proposal preparation support, observing program preparation support, data reduction and data quality assurance, pipeline data reduction, user helpdesk, etc.).

ARC Scientist will assign 75% of his/her working time for the above duties. The remaining 25% shall be used for his/her own scientific research such as:
-Excellent scientific research with ALMA;
-Exploration of new research fields with ALMA.

Division and Location: NAOJ ALMA Project, EA-ARC, Mitaka (Tokyo, Japan)

Term of employment: 5 years. Annual performance review will be conducted. In case that the successful candidate was an NINS employee after 2013 April 1, the term may be set so that the total accumulated terms of the employment does not exceed ten years.

Deadline: 2019 May 31, 17.00 JST (Japan Standard Time)

Detailed information can be found in the following link:
https://www.nao.ac.jp/en/contents/job-vacancy/job-20190322-alma01.pdf

Application Deadline: 
Friday, May 31, 2019
Selection Deadline: 
Monday, June 10, 2019
Current Status of Position: 
No Status Given (Opted Out)
Apply to Job
Attention To: 
Alvaro Gonzalez
Title: 
NAOJ ALMA Project Manager
Inquiries About Job
Attention To: 
Alvaro Gonzalez
Email: 
alvaro.gonzalez@nao.ac.jp