The Division of Physics, Mathematics, and Astronomy at the California Institute of Technology invites applications for a tenure-track position in experimental or theoretical physics. We have particular strategic needs in high-energy experiment, AMO experiment, and biophysics, but are conducting a broad search spanning all areas of physics. We are seeking highly qualified candidates with a Ph.D. in physics or a related field who are committed to a career in research, mentorship, and teaching.
Consideration of applications will begin on November 7, 2022. Caltech has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in all areas and encourages candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Applications should include:
- a curriculum vitae.
- a list of published and submitted papers.
- a research statement describing research highlights and future plans.
- a teaching and mentorship statement.
- a statement that discusses past and/or anticipated contributions to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the areas of research, teaching, and/or outreach.
- at least three letters of reference uploaded by the letter writers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application materials must be submitted electronically at https://applications.caltech.edu/job/physics