How to Post a Job Ad
Welcome to the AAS Job Register!
Thank you for deciding to post your job ad on the AAS Job Register. To begin, you'll need to either retrieve your username and password or create a new account.
The current base rate per week for a job ad is $60 USD. Additonal length charges will apply if over the 2,000 charcter limit. The current additional rate per word (8 characters) per month is $0.05 USD.
How to Find an Existing Account or Create a New Account
Have you posted a job ad with us before?
If you have posted a job ad in the past then an account has already been created for you based on your previous contact information. This account will have many of your old job postings associated with it. To see if you have an account, use the "Request new password" option. The default username is your Firstname.Lastname. If nothing comes up, try using your email address as well.
Create a New Account
If you haven't posted a job ad to the AAS Job Register in the past or you could not find an account associated with your name, then you will need to create a new account. You only have to do this once. Here are the steps:
- Click Create Job Poster Account.
- Fill in your profile information and save your work. When finished, you will receive a confirmation and activation email from the AAS.
- Use the link in the activation email to log in for the first time and set your password.
- After setting your password, you can post your first job ad.
- Remember your username and password. You'll need it again to edit an existing job ad or post a new job ad.
How to Create and/or Edit a Job Ad
Create a New Job Ad
- Click Create New Job Ad and fill in all the required fields, including a valid closing date. Then click save.
- Next, pay by invoice or credit card.
- At this point, you will be able to make minor edits to your job ad before it "goes live." Major edits and changes to the number of months posted will be calculated automatically.
- Once your payment has been processed, the Job Register moderator will approve your ad and set the "go live" date.
Edit a Posted Job Ad
- Log in and click View My Postings.
- Click the Number or Title of your posting to review your job ad.
- Select "Click to Edit Job Ad".
- Make your changes and save your work.
- NOTE: You will be asked to pay for the dollar balance if significant changes were made or if you added extra weeks to your 4-week posting.
Questions? Find a Bug?
If you find any bugs, please email us and we will take care of them as quickly as possible. Please email or call the AAS if you have questions.
- Email: How-To Questions About Job Register
- Email: Technical Questions About Job Register or Bugs With Job Register
- Call: 202-328-2010 x132